Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I have started the freezer meals, but I am taking a different approach than making full meals, which would be nice, but time and money do not allow that right now. So right now I am focusing on getting meat frozen and stored for future use. I was able to get 4 pork roasts for $.99/lb. on Saturday, so I have been cooking those for the last couple days. Tonight we will have pork burritos and then I will freeze the rest to use later on bbq pulled pork and more burritos. Thanks to a good friend, I also scored a killer deal at local grocer on chicken breasts. I bought them for $1.29/lb! You don't see prices like that very often. I bought about 74 lbs. worth but half will go to my mom. But I am going to freeze my portion. I want to cube and cook some to use in quick casseroles and salads. I want to also marinade and grill a bunch, we like that more on salad. Otherwise I just clean the excess fat off, and then I filet them and cut in half, to make 4 small pieces of chicken. The chicken breasts I have been buying are huge so to keep us from eating too much and being able to stretch our meat, I cut into quarters.

I hope you are doing well with starting your freezer meals. Let me know how it's going and if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment