Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cream Cheese Bars

One of my favorite treats that I don't make very often is Cream Cheese Bars. I love making bars because you just put it all in one pan and bake instead of making each individual cookie. These are super yummy and you can't eat just one. The last time I made these I sprinkled butterscotch chips on with the filling and we loved it!

Cream Cheese Bars

crust:
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/3 cup oil

filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of crust mix for topping. Pat rest of dough lightly into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake  for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and egg until smooth. Spread evenly over baked layer. Sprinkle with reserved crust mix. Bake for 15 minutes loner. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment