Friday, August 26, 2011

Freezer Cooking!!!

It has been the week for freezer cooking! I think Mike smoked some chicken thighs for me last Thursday so I could shred and freeze it, then I got some chicken tenders that were on sale the other day and just diced and cooked them on the stove top. I have plenty of chicken now for meals for the month, which I love! Then Wednesday I froze some green beans out of the garden for dinners. That same night I made up some salsa, we love salsa at our house! Thursday I did some more green beans for the freezer as well as pinto beans for the freezer to make refried beans or just add to taco dinners.

Today I had my wonderful friend Kami over to bake with me. I needed to make a potato salad for the ward campout tonight, so I didn't get more beans done like I was hoping, but Kami made some very yummy, EXTREMELY easy pumpkin cookies (they have 3 ingredients), I cooked my potatoes, and then made pumpkin bars and monkey bars that smell great! I got the recipe from the Utah Deal Diva, who got it from Woman's Magazine. They are very easy to make and I plan to freeze them and pull them out before the kids get home to give them as their after school snack. Love it!

Next I plan to do more pinto and black beans, breakfast sandwiches, and "pop tarts" from the Utah Deal Diva. I also plan to start making actual freezer meals soon to. I would love to do a freezer meal swap as well with friends and neighbors. That way we all make a little, but leave with some great variety! So much fun!! I have done this in the past with my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws and have enjoyed it. Here is a picture of the pumpkin bars:



sorry, the picture turned out weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment