Thursday, October 6, 2016

Freezer Meals!

I decided that once again it was time to do some freezer meals! I love doing the prep work beforehand and then just heating it up or putting in the crockpot! The hardest part is deciding what to have and then making sure it doesn't sit in your freezer for months, or get lost in the back - yeah, I found some shredded pork in the bottom of my freezer that I had forgotten about.

Last month, I sat down and decided I was going to commit to freezer meals and get the freezer stocked! I did! And for the most part, I didn't sway from my menu either, except the night we decided to go out and one night was a scout dinner I forgot about, but that's ok. I didn't end up prepping everything for every meal, so I just counted those out. I also had extras from a couple meals that made more meals, which means less prep for me, YAY!

So I wanted to share with you what I did. And the recipes, which most came from the internet, others where just ones that I had in my stash of recipes that are pretty easy. Some are dump meals that just go in a bag to the freezer and then to your crockpot, so easy!

You can also find my instructions for freezer meals and some great recipes on this site! Just look under the freezer meal tab or the recipes tab! So on to the meals!!

First I went through all my recipes and wrote down the ones that my family would like. Then I looked all over the internet and pinterest and found lots of others that I liked. Then I plugged them into a list so I could then put them into a calendar menu. Here is my list:

1. Chicken Burritos
2. Chicken Enchilada Casserole ("Fix it and Forget Cookbook")
3. Teriyaki Chicken
4. Cilantro-lime chicken tacos
5. Crockpot chicken taco chili
6. Crockpot Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
7. Healthy Mamma BBQ Chicken
8. Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
9. Comforting Chicken and noodles crockpot
10. Honey Teriyaki Chicken
11. Hamburger Stroganoff
12. Cheeseburger Casserole
13. Sloppy Joes
14. Tacos
15. Meatball subs
16. Lasagna
17. Corn, black beans and beef Empanadas (adapted from Cooks Illustrated)
18. Chili
19. Summer Beef
20. Parmesan Garlic Pizza Pasta
21. Freezer to slow cooker Italian Wedding Soup (newleafwellness.biz)
22. Slow cooker Beef Fajitas
23. BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
24. Baked Penne with sausage and creamy ricotta (adapted from Food and Wine)
25. Slow cooker green chili pork tacos
26. Pork Chalupas
27. Chili Verde Tostadas
28. Café Rio Sweet pork burritos
29. Easy Homemade pizza pockets (newleafwellness.biz)
30. Veggie Burgers
31. Mushroom Spinach crockpot Stroganoff (newleafwellness.biz)

This menu worked great, there was just one, the mushroom spinach stroganoff that my family didn't really care for. Some decided they don't like mushrooms, others didn't like that it didn't have meat. I think it really could have used some chicken or something, and about half the amount of mushrooms! Other than that, so far everything we have tried have been good! I will be doing another month of menus and will try to remember to take pictures this time and post the recipes as I go! I hope you found this post informational! Please leave comments and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment