Monday, January 10, 2011







So a very dear friend of mine is interested in freezer meals, so I am going to focus on that this week. To start I received a sack of carrots at Christmas from my parents that came from their garden. yum. Their outside fridge freezes everything so they had partially frozen, which is fine, I just steam and puree them and freeze to use in future meals. I was only able to use about half of what they gave me, the other half was mushy. I cleaned, peeled, and steamed. Then I stuck them in my food processor to puree. I got about 2 cups of puree that I will use in spaghetti sauce or something and also give to my little 8 month old which she loves, plus it saves me money. I love to cook with purees, it gives my kids extra veggies. Look for Jessica Seinfeld's cookbooks to learn more about cooking with purees.

No comments:

Post a Comment