Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wow it's been so long. Time gets away from you when your kids get sick and then you get sick and then it's tax time and everything else in between. Crazy. I do have a recipe for you though. I made these for my kids Sunday morning, since we have 11 o'clock church and don't get lunch. I usually make my kids a PBJ sandwhich beforehand so they have something to tide them over till after church. Sunday I just decided to make a late, big breakfast. So here you go: Peanut Butter Pancakes, yum, it smelled like I was baking peanut butter cookies.

Peanut Butter Pancakes

1 cup pancake mix
2 TBS sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
1/3 cup water

Honey Butter:
1/4 cup butter, softened (no subs)
2 TBS. honey

In a bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. In a small bowl, beat egg and peanut butter; add milk and water. stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Pour bater by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased med-hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown. Combine butter and honey in a small bowl. Serve with pancakes.

I actually didn't do the honey butter, I just used homemade buttermilk syrup (very yummy) but you can also serve them with jam like a PBJ sandwhich. Have fun with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment