Sunday, February 20, 2011

So I think my newest craze is cooking with wheat. A dear friend of mine gave me a book and video from someone that she knows who ordered 10,000# of wheat and has learned to cook with it over the years. Well, I don't have that much wheat but we did inherit pounds and pounds from my inlaws when they moved years ago, so I have slowly started to use it here and there but I feel that I need to try harder to use more. So you will start to get recipes using whole wheat flour, which can be purchased in bulk at winco for pretty cheap, if you don't have a grinder and wheat on hand. Good Luck.

This recipe I got from The Food Nanny and can be found on her website (thefoodnanny.com), but I just love this recipe. It is for pizza crust that we have made a couple of times. I have altered it a little because it was too sweet the first time we made it.

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

1 cup warm water
1 TBS. yeast
3 TBS. olive oil
3 TBS. honey
3/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour.

Mix all ingredients together. Makes 2 thin crust pizzas. Top with favorite toppings. We made a BBQ chicken pizza that was very yummy and canadian bacon, or we made a yummy chicken ceasar pizza.

We did not put the honey in the second time and it was much better, but experiment for yourself and make what you like. Let me know what you think of it

No comments:

Post a Comment