Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easter Shopping!

I have never really been one for Easter. I love the holiday and all that it reminds us. But I haven't been all that keen on the Easter Bunny. My children have been deprived, but I don't want them to think of it as another gift giving holiday. They have only ever gotten a few things. One year we broke down and got them 4 piece outfits from JCPenny. They looked so cute, until we got to church and decided they didn't want to keep their ties and vests on. Oh well. This year I didn't want to do anything big. I want to be able to focus on the spirit of the season and teach my kids about our Savior and help them to understand the resurrection more and what the Savior has done for us. In trying to keep with the spirit of the season, the boys all desperately need new jackets to wear to school, since it still cool out. We will be going away this weekend for spring break, so we will try to find some then. Otherwise they each have a bucket they put out and I will fill the cute robot eggs that I've had for a few years now and hide them in the living room, but they don't get much. I want to keep our family focused on Christ.

My easter steals this year will nice and fun. Walgreens advertised Color Wonder sets in their ad 2/$3. There is a $1/1 coupon in Sunday's paper. There was also a coupon for $2/1 color explosion and one other crayola coupon with it. I cut them all out because it easy enough to cut them all at the same time, and went to Walgreens. When I got there I asked someone about them and she pointed me in the right place and said that they had color explosion kits to but I had to buy two for each coupon so that it went through ok. I was fine with that, the more the better. I ended up getting 15 kits and paid $7.95 with tax! That's 3 kits for each of my kids! Then I went to Rite Aid. They had their easter candy on sale. I ended up getting 6 Hershey's centerpiece chocolate bunnies, 2 bags Reese's eggs, and 2 bags Cadbury eggs (one of my favorites!). I don't know exactly how much I ended spending, there were other things that I bought and I love the +UP Rewards, because I can roll them into transactions and get a lot of things for dirt cheap! (If you would like to learn how to shop at Rite Aid please let me know and I can teach you!)

So my Easter baskets are done, I just need to find jackets. Does anyone know where to find good, nice jackets for cheap? Please let me know.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment