Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's been a fun few days. I got a new toy this week! For a long time now I have wanted to get a laptop so I could sit anywhere and write stories or play games or be on the Internet. Well then I discovered Apple! Mike has an iPhone that he likes and the kids like to play games on it as well as myself, and he can do the Internet and all sorts of other things from which is great. Well in still wanting to get a laptop, I decided an iPad would better suit my needs. I started looking and found a really great deal on a refurbished first generation. I absolutely love it! I've had so much fun adding new apps and being able to do anything on the Internet! I even have the scriptures now plus lots of books, lots of fun! it will be great when I travel next month.

So anyway, we were able to go on a little vacation this last weekend for spring break. Mike gets hotel points and we are able to stay in hotels for free. We decided to go to Holiday Inn express in west valley city. They have a little water park in it with a big water slide. The kids had so much fun. We came home Saturday to water in our basement, due to the excess ground water. We have been trying to dry it out since then, I hate water! Saturday was a great day for soup! We stopped at Macey's to get some produce and I decided potato leek soup sounded good. I looked up a few recipes and decided to make up my own. Here it is:

Potato Leek Soup

About 5 med potatoes chunked
3 med size leeks
10 cups chicken broth
1/2 lb. Bacon cooked and crumbled
1 tsp. Marjoram
Salt and pepper to taste
4 TBS butter
Bay leaf

In large pot melt butter. Cut leeks lengthwise twice and chop. Add the butter and sautee until limp, about 5-7 mins. Add potatoes, chicken broth and spices and cook until potatoes are tender. Add bacon. Serve hot. Can add red pepper flakes for spice.

Very easy and nice and warm for those cold spring/winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment