Friday, April 1, 2011

Taco Soup

Here is one of my own:

Taco Soup

1 lb. taco flavor ground turkey, browned and drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
6 cups water
onion or dehydrated onion to taste cooked with ground turkey
1-2 packets taco seasoning
1 cup wheat berries
1 can tomatoes
1/2 can tomatoes and green chilies

This one is so easy! I just put everything in a pot and simmer until combined. You can also add peppers to this if you would like. If you don't want it quite as spicy you can leave out the tomatoes and green chilies and only use 1 packet of taco seasoning. We serve this with sour cream and grated cheese and crunch up totilla chips and put in or can use them to scoop up your soup. Wheat berries are also optional, I keep some cooked up in my fridge, and they just take on the flavor of everything else. We love spicy soup. Hope you do to.

1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe similar to this, but I have never thought to use wheat berries! I will definitely try this recipe out. Perfect for a gloomy day like today. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete