Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tenders taco casserole

For all those out there that like fish, like our family does, here is a yummy fish recipe. Even if you don't like fish, try it, you really can't taste the fish.

Tenders taco casserole

8-10 frozen fish tenders
1 15oz can chili beans, drained
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 TBS taco sauce
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops
1 med. Tomato, chopped
1 cup or more shredded cheese
Shredded lettuce (opt.)
Chili peppers (opt.)
Taco sauce (opt.)

Preheat oven to 375*. In a saucepan, heat frozen tenders, beans, tomTo sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic salt to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Place chips in ungreased 9X13 dish. Pour tender mix over chips. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions,
tomato and cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce, chili peppers and taco sauce if desired.

Now I don't drain my chili beans. I just cook it all together. It makes in have more sauce. This time I used Tabasco sauce for the taco sauce. It was quite spicy and very strong so I wouldn't recommend that, but I have used a Louisiana hot sauce and it was really yummy. Let me know what you think of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment