Monday, February 25, 2013

Book review

To start off today, I made the best looking bread today! I had a sister from my ward come a couple weeks ago and we figured out that with my Kitchen Aid mixer, I can only a half batch of bread and that was why I had such a problem with the bread I tried to make. So today I finally got back in there and decided I needed to make some bread, since I was out of bread anyway. So I just took it slow, watched it come together and then put it in my pans to rice and bake. Took me about an hour and half start to finish and now I have two big, beautiful loaves of bread! I must say, I am proud of myself! I finally accomplished something I have been trying to and have succeeded.

I must share with you a book I read this weekend. I don't usually read books all that quick, since I usually only take about an hour or less at night sitting in bed to read. This book was different. I literally could not put it down! I had such a feeling of love and peace reading this book and have come to realize many things reading this. The book is called "The memory catcher: When angels speak, who will listen?" She reminds us that we are in fact children of a loving heavenly father who loves and knows each of us and that we each have a purpose on this earth.

The picture on the cover of the book would have made me pick it up and possibly buy it, had I found it in a store, but as it was, we were given this book. Mike's father read it and I'm not sure how he came across it, but it talks about Mike's gradparents. It is a true story of Sarah Hinze, the author. She grew up in Tennessee, where her mother was guided to go to a laundromat to do her laundry after the washing machine mysteriously stopped working. It was at this laundromat that she met Mike's grandparents, who were serving an LDS mission, and was inpressed to speak with them and invite them back to her home where they met her daughter Sarah who was considering moving out to Utah to attend college.

After some events, she decided to come out to Utah and asked to stay with the Bunnells. They let her come stay and eventually enrolled at Utah State University where she met her husband and then describes many events through her life that have brought her to where she is now. She is an amazing person, who I haven't personally met, but in reading her story, I have been able to recall many events in life similar to hers that I haven't thought about in years. She has inspired me to begin writing down my own experiences.

I have, probably since junior high school, wanted so much to write stories, but have never been able to really put things together in a way that I liked, or to even come up with an idea to write about has been hard. In the last few years I have really felt a push to start writing, but there again, haven't known what to write about. I am not a very knowledgeable person. I don't have any schooling past high school, except the cosmetology school that I went to for one year, but I do have experiences and ideas that I could share. I feel like I have so much to offer people, especially youth, it's just a matter of  doing it.

Last weekend when we were in Idaho visiting my parents, my mom found a little flash drive that is a panda bear. Knowing my love for pandas, she bought it for me. Obviously I loved it, but wasn't sure when I would ever use it. The other day while reading and thinking about my push to write, the thought came to me, I can use my flash drive to store my manuscripts on, I was so excited. As much as I would love to have my own lap top to take with me anywhere and just sit and write, the money is just not there right now. So I will start with what I have and use my cute little panda flash drive to store all my thoughts and feelings.

To purchase this book of Sarah Hinze and learn more about her and her life's work, you can go to sarahhinze.com, which is currently not working for me for some reason, or I would add a link, or you can go to any Deseret Book and purchase it there. She truely is amazing and such an inspiration to others. I hope you enjoy her writings and I will keep you informed of my own writings as well.

Happy Monday to you all, I hope your week is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment