Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Challenge: days 57-60

So here it is, 60 days in, I can't believe I have been doing this for two months now!i started out this challenge really good. So pumped and excited and ready to lose some weight, now I am at a plateau and seem to get more frustrated than anything. Maybe now is not my time to lose all the weight I want to, I don't know. I know I don't eat enough veggies, and that is a big problem, and I like to have a cookie or dessert here and there when I decide to make them or have them, and I don't exercise nearly as much as I need to, but I do feel like my health is much better!

So far I have lost 10 lbs, which is not bad, but for as long as I have been going, it's awful! I also keep making justifications about it, thinking that when I am finished with the 90 days, I will cut back to one shake a day instead of two. And since we eat a lot of casseroles and things like that, I will probably gain back everything I will have lost, right? And obviously I am not going to make a completely separate meal for myself when I already cook for 6 other people! So I won't be eating grilled chicken or fish and a salad every night for dinner, so I feel that for our lifestyle and what we eat, I am doing ok. Just need to add more salads and veggies to my daily menu.

Anyway, this weekend was great with general conference! We started a tradition a while ago that we would go out to breakfast Saturday morning before conference, which was fun. We usually go to Golden Corall where the kids can pick anything they want to eat. I did pretty good eating eggs, bacon hash browns, fruit, etc. even though most of those are cooked in butter or oil. And I had to have a doughnut, which I don't think I even finished, it was to sweet, and I didn't even finish everything I took, so I listened to my body and felt good during the day. It has been a long time since I have had energy to make it through all the things I need to get done in a day, and Saturday I felt great, the only thing I can figure is just eating a big breakfast helped.

Sunday we took a drive over the mountain to see where Mike will be hunting this week. It was a great drive. We even went over into Hardware Ranch, where we were hoping to see the elk, but they must not be coming down from the mountains yet. It was just nice to get out and see such bright reds on the mountain sides. I love fall time for all the beautiful colors and the cooler weather, and especially all the yummy fall food to make!  It is finally soup season, that is one of my favorite foods!

Well, until next time, hopefully I will have more enthusiasm about this challenge and be more motivated to exercise and move and eat better! Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment