Monday, January 28, 2013

My love of essential oils!

I want to share something with you about my experience with essential oils. Over a year ago, Mike's work had a health fair, like they do every year. They always have different companies and health professionals of all different kinds there to promote their businesses and to introduce you to new ways of getting healthy. They are also there to promote a program through Mike's work that they are a part of. This program is called CAM (complimentary and alternative medicine), which includes different weight loss programs, massage therapy sessions, natural allergy treatments, supplements, and essenial oils, as well as many other types of programs. Every company needs this type of program for their employees. My husbands company is concerned with their employees health and wellness and they do what they can to help their employees stay well. It is absolutely fabulous!

So after finding out about essential oils through CAM, we decided to maybe try them. The only company that we are able to go through without a doctors note is Young Living. We thoroughly love their oils though! We decided to order kind of a starter kit, so we bought an everyday essentials pack that had 7 different oils, including;lavender, peppermint, lemon, frankinsense, thieves, purification, peace and calming, Pan away, and valor. Some of these are blends and some are obviously singles. Each one has a great purpose and we use these all the time!

In the beginning we didn't use oils that much because we didn't know how to use them. I have a sister in law that sells another brand, so I would buy a few from her every once in a while, but for the most part I only used them every so often. About a month ago we decided to take advantage of our CAM program and buy a bunch of oils that we have said we wanted to for a long time. I had a few that I was running out of anyway. Since then I have looked up many oils and what to use them for. Mike and I both have been using oils consistantly now for about a month and I have been feeling so much better. We also have a diffuser in the kitchen where I diffuse a couple oils now and then. My favorite oils to diffuse is Thieves! Thieves helps to kill the bacteria in the air. Purification is another one that I diffuse to help clean the air and get rid of yucky smells. I recently bought a couple of plug in diffusers that I put throughout the house so the whole house gets clean air.

I also have a series of oils that I put on my feet each night and a couple that I put on my abdomen in the morning. I have had some digestion issues lately and since starting these, I have felt so much better! I have had an issue with weight, as you know, due to the excessive amount of stuff I eat. In the last couple weeks I have noticed that I eat much less than I have been. I have actually been paying more attention to my body and have lost 4 lbs in a week. I don't know if this is because of the oils or because I am more aware of what I am eating and trying to help my stomach issues as best I can, but I think a combination of the all of it has helped!

Young Living has recently come out with a weightloss line called Slique. I got the oil, since our CAM program only covers oils and supplements through them, but I have been putting this in my water each day and it is supposed to help curb your hunger. What a way to curb your hunger naturally!  It has about 6 different oils in it, including spearmint, which I love! So yes, I think the oils are helping me in every way.

There has been so much sickness and flu going around lately. My kids have friends at school that have been sick and I have friends whose kids get sick over and over throughout the winter. I always feel so bad for them, I hate having sick kids. We have not yet gotten more than a stuffy nose, which I am fighting right now. I honestly think this is due to my oil usage! I have these diffusing in my home daily as well and putting them on topically for added immune support and we have not had sickness! I hope this continues! We do also have other natural supplements that we take as well that help with our immunity.

Some people think that essential oils are not necessary. I used to be one of those people. Now that I have used them and I see the great benefits they offer, I am so in love!! Yes, they are expensive, but I am working to keep my family healthy and to me, the expense is worth it. I am not trying to sell this product or get you to start using essential oils, I am just offering a suggestion of one way that I help keep my family healthy. My family will continue to use oils, we love them!

1 comment: