Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I have a friend who did take out from the Olive Garden for Valentine's Day. It sounded so yummy, but our nearest Olive Garden is at least a 10 minute drive, on a good day, so I gave her the knock-off recipe for Olive Garden alfredo that I have, I hope she likes it. So I will share it with you today. I got this from my sister-in-law, I don't know where she got it, but I do know there are many knock-off recipes for different restraunts. Have fun with this one. I even shake it up and add spaghetti sauce to it to make a pink sauce, which is very yummy. I will also make my own breaded chicken breast. Dip chicken breast in milk, then in Italian bread crumbs and just cook on stove top with a little olive oil untl done, one of my favorites.

Olive Garden Alfredo

1 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
2 TBS. cream cheese
1/2 - 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder

In saucepan combine butter, cream cheese and heavy cream. Simmer until all is melted and mixed well. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer 15-20 minutes on low. You ma wis to season with a little salt and pepper.

This also freezes really well, but when you reheat it (even if it comes out of the fridge), you need to reheat it on the stovetop. The butter separates from the cream and heating it in the microwave doesn't combine it. Have fun with this one. It is a favorite at our house and it's a lot cheaper than going to the Olive Garden to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment