Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Challenge: day 32

Do you ever have days when you just want to dance? My day 32 was like that. I don't know quite why, but I have days when I just feel like dancing and that life is just going well.

My challenge day was alright. Got in my two shakes, and for lunch had some left over beef burgundy and peach breakfast cake that I made for the kids for breakfast yesterday. My kids ate their 5 pieces and then my hubby finished off the pan throughout the day. He is still not feeling the best and is now starting to get a head cold which I hope doesn't turn into anything major like bronchitis, which he gets every now and then.

Anyway, I spent most of the day on my feet peeling tomatoes for salsa. It's that time of year when I can and can like crazy to make sure we have enough fruit and other items to make it through to the next year. I love canning and for the last 4 or 5 years, it has been a great way to spend time with hubby. Usually we start cutting fruit and veggies and what not after the kids are in bed, about 8 o'clock and then we work and work until all the fruits are in the jars and then while they process, we play video games. This takes us until about 3 o'clock in the morning when we finally cant keep our eyes open any longer and call it a night. This year, I really don't have it in me to stay up so late, and with a recovering husband, I don't want to make him stay up, nor can he lift or do much anyway, so I have been canning on my own this year. I start in the afternoon and start cutting fruit and then work until its all done. It's a long process, especially by yourself, but I learning it's ok. The hardest part was salsa yesterday. Cutting all the many ingredients for salsa is very time consuming.

So I got all that I was going to cut up for salsa done and mixed up and then on to the tasting, the best part. Well, it was much to hot. Thankfully I didn't use all the tomatoes I had on hand, so I can add the rest of the tomatoes to this batch and it should hopefully tone down the hot from the peppers. It tasted great, was just a little to warm for us. So I will continue today peeling tomatoes for salsa and hopefully I can get it in jars and processed tonight, wish me luck. I'll let you know how it all goes tomorrow. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment