Friday, September 21, 2012

Challenge: day 42

Do you ever have days when you feel like things are just not going your way? Thursday's are just really crazy at my house. That is co op day, so I start the day at 6:30 cleaning my garage so I can fit in baskets and produce. Then I make breakfast and get the kids off to school, just to have 3-5 kids come to my house for the day. I don't mind having extra kids here, don't get me wrong, there are just some days that no matter how many times I ask them to stay out of something, they don't listen. Or to not pick the tomatillos and smash them on the back porch. Or not to climb in the peach tree. Yeah, some days are just crazy! Every day after lunch I have the kids pick a movie and we have quiet time with a movie. Lately they have been sitting for about 10 minutes and then they are up and running again, so I don't get any quiet time some days, which I need to stay sane and keep my stress down.

Some days I wonder if stress adds to my munching. I'm sure it does, since those days are the ones that all I want is carbs and just to eat anything I can find. I had my two shakes for breakfast and lunch and did well for dinner. We had chicken and home made French fries with pineapple. And had crackers and cheese for a snack after dinner. So I did pretty good. I just need to eat more veggies. I was planning on a salad with dinner and forgot, so I thought I would have it for a snack later and forgot again. I need to be more conscious of things. I had to run to the store and get some cabbage to make a salad for our ward camp out tonight as well as some almond milk for my shakes, so I got a little walking in.

So I was going to make some pumpkin cookies the other day to take to some neighbors, and I have yet to do that. I have been so busy with cleaning and canning and other things that cookies haven't been made yet, which is good, I might just eat to many of them because they are so yummy. They don't help with my challenge.  I need to try some new things with my shakes though. I noticed in my recipes for them, they have a pumpkin pie recipe, so I will have to try that one. So far I have just tried fruit ones and a peanut butter cup one with cocoa powder and peanut butter, which is really yummy. The other one I really like is blueberry cheesecake. It has cream cheese, blueberries and graham cracker crumbs. I really like that one. So I do get some variety in my shakes.

As far as my DYT challenge, I am still loving the new me! I am still in need of more clothes, I am feeling like I wear the same ones over and over. I am also still looking for lots of gold jewelry! I found a great website after I had bought a bracelet on eBay, that they sell tons of stuff, but all their jewelry was very cheap! 18kt gold plated jewelry with jewels and just pretty for less than $10! With free shipping! You can't beat that! They also had lots of silver as well as clothes and shoes and other things as well. I also need some new shoes! I only have a couple pairs now that fit with my DYT chroma. I am loving it though and I'm always on the look out for new fun and colorful things! Love it.

So tonight we are going to a ward camp out with our ward family. I am hoping it won't be to cold tonight but its even cold here, so in the mountains I'm sure it will be cold! So now I get to go pack some really warm clothes and especially Pjs for everyone, so I better get busy, since I also have a massage today as well. So until Monday, everyone enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment