Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chicken cordon bleu and cobbler

Yum, yum! I love cooking and coming up with my own recipes! Chicken cordon bleu is one of my favorite dishes an you can make it home really easy and so much more healthy! And I love dessert, that is my one down fall, so why not try to make it healthy and easy as well! So here are my renditions of a couple of my favorites, these are my own original concoctions so there is no exact recipe.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

6 chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
Ham
Italian bread crumbs (or make your own with plain breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and dried basil)
2 eggs

Clean chicken breasts and flatten with a mallet or heavy pan (like I did). Cut ham into small cubes. On each chicken breast, sprinkle with dried chives and dried parsley, then add Swiss cheese and ham. Fold together to create a pouch and secure with toothpicks. Repeat with each chicken breast. Beat eggs and dip each chicken in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. Place in baking dish and bake at 375 for about 30 mins, or until no longer pink inside. Serve with steamed veggies, potatoes, etc.



Peach-blueberry cobbler

About 6-8 fresh peaches
1 large container fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 strawberry cake mix

I have a pan set that cook like dutch ovens that I cook this in, so you can either cook in a Dutch oven or bake at 350 for about 20-30 mins. If you bake it, cut butter over the top.

Put peaches and blueberries in a bowl, add sugar and stir to coat. Let sit for about 10+ minutes. Put fruit in baking pan or dutch oven. Cover with dry cake mix and cook until fruit juices have bubbled through the cake mix. Serve warm with cool whip or ice cream.

I hope you like these recipes, they are very easy to make and are so yummy! If you like these and other recipes that I have shared, please pass along this blog and share the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment