Friday, September 7, 2012

Challenge: day 28

What s fun party last night! Didn't do so well for my challenge. Well, I did good. I still had my shakes and some spaghetti for lunch with whole wheat noodles and home made sauce with some steamed cauliflower on the side. I had a smaller portion of spaghetti, but lots of cauliflower. For some reason I love steamed or roasted cauliflower, but not so much raw. I think it might the grainy texture of raw cauliflower. I'm the same way with broccoli, love it cooked, but not so much raw. Anyway, I can't make chocolate chip pumpkin bars without having one...or two. :( yeah, I'm setting myself back so much lately. Wish I could say it is easy to just do two shakes a day and one meal, plus snacks. It's really not. But I must say, I don't crave sweets anymore. I still love a brownie or cookie now and then, but I don't go scavenge my kitchen looking for the chocolate chips or sugar packets anymore. I am in control of my body!! I now choose to have a treat now and then. I choose how much food to eat and when to stop! I have never felt this much control over my eating and cravings! I must say, I feel free! I love it!

I am so truely blessed! Starting the 90 day challenge and then discovering Dressing Your Truth, I feel like my life has just improved leaps and bounds! Even though I still have extra weight hanging on and "muffin top" above my jeans, DYT has helped to realize I am still beautiful and that with the right clothes and colors, I can hide the little "imperfections" that make up me. So now I am on a mission to find the right clothes, shoes and purse for me! So the challenge is on! I also will not spend much money on the things I need, so my frugal shopping will come in handy! Wish me luck trying to find the things I need. I was so fortunate to have a good friend go through her clothes and donated many great tops to my cause, so now I am looking for cute jeans and skirts. I am all for hand me downs! They are cheap and already preshrunk!

So for my challenge, I am back on wagon, hope that's right term, and I shouldn't have to cheat until the beginning of October when Mike and I go away for our anniversary, then I will have to cheat some. We are going on 12 years of being happily married! He is my best friend and my better half and I don't know where I would be without him! I love him so much! We have so much fun together! So until tomorrow my dear readers, keep loving life and find what makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment