Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Oatmeal muffins

As I have said many times, I love baking, but more than baking, I love eating and especially muffins! So here are a couple recipes that I got from my All Recipes app, but I have tweaked them to accommodate my family and to be a little mor healthy with less sugar. So here are a couple:

Oatmeal muffins

4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce
1 cup milk
2 cups oat flour
1 1/2 cup quick oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400. Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, applesauce and milk in a bowl until smooth. Stir flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt into wet ingredients to make batter. Fill muffin cups.bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.

To make oat flour: put quick oats in food processor or in mill grinder to make flour.

These muffins are kind of heavy being all oats, but are yummy and filling. They also make at least 2 dozen regular size muffins.

Banana muffins

3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 applesauce
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mashed bananas (or about 4 bananas)
Chocolate chips or chopped walnuts

In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, honey, oil, yogurt, vanilla and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips or walnuts. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Until done through.

This recipe makes at least 2 dozen regular size muffins. I make huge batches, then put then in freezer bags and put in freezer so my hubby and kids can pull them out and eat whenever they want. I will usually split this recipe and put chocolate chips in half and walnuts in the other half (kids like chocolate chip, hubby likes walnuts). These are a little different with the honey in them, but still really yummy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment