Monday, August 20, 2012

Challenge: days 6 - 10

So it has been a little while since the last post, as I said it would be. So to backtrack, day 6 was busy and full of preparing for camping: packing, cleaning, finding everything, you know how it goes. I did pretty well with my diet, trying to eat good, etc. I did have a candy bar that night, which I shouldn't have, but in finding things, found that one of my kids had taken it from my room and was hiding it, so obviously something had to been done about that. I did find one of my favorite treats that I want to keep on hand. I don't know how bad they are for you, but they are called apricot coconut logs. You find them at Winco in the bulk section. I think they are dried, ground apricots rolled in coconut. It's not even sweetened coconut I don't think, but they have just enough sweet and flavor and are yummy. I love shopping at Winco!

Day 7 was our first camping day. I had my shake in the morning and figured while camping I would just try to take it easy and have a shake for breakfast and then we planned sandwiches for lunch and hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner, not the best I know. Well, I had my shake in the morning and then by lunch, we didn't want to stop somewhere and try to make sandwiches, so we stopped at Carl's Jr. I wasn't very good. I had a crispy chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries, but I am doing good with no soda, I had light lemonade. Then we headed on to Starvation reservoir.  (I will post pics and more about that later).

We set up camp that night and made some hamburgers and hotdogs. I had a hamburger with a whole wheat thin bun. Have you ever tried those? We love them for burgers and sandwiches. I don't feel like I have a huge bun with my burger. I was good though, I passed up s'mores!

Day 8 and 9 were pretty much the same, shake for breakfast, sandwich for lunch with chips, but on Friday we decided to drive into Vernal. It is just over an hour from Starvation, and it was going to rain, so we decided to go see the temple there. It is quite different than most, it is not white, it is brick. We also went to the museum of natural history, since there are many dinosaur bones and fossils that have been found around the Vernal area. It was kind of fun, a good way to kill time. Then we stopped at Pizza Hut, since they have a sit down one there, and had some pizza and cheese sticks. We were so exhausted the end of that day, Mike was asleep sometime after 9, I didn't go to sleep until after 11.  The next day we had breakfast and packed up. It was hot and we worked hard and it took us at least an hour to get everything packed up, so I felt like I worked off e everything I ate, which was a shake and some hash browns. That day we stopped in Heber City and let the kids play at the park and had sandwiches. We were home early enough that day to relax and put some things away and then to have left over hamburgers and hotdogs that we didn't eat there.

Day 10 was Sunday again, always an easy day to be good. I weighed myself first thing and noticed, that even with camping and not eating well, I only gained 2 oz, so I'm not to far behind what I was a week ago, but now I need to make this week really count! I had my two shakes yesterday and for dinner had ratatouille! Have you ever had it? I love it! I found the recipe at www. Zonya.com under her recipe section. It has eggplant, zucchini/yellow squash, onions, peppers, chicken, spices and tomatoes. We got eggplant for our co op last week and I decided to make that. We eat it over brown rice, it is really good, so I got my lean meat, lots of veggies, a fruit and a whole grain. Not bad for a balanced meal. So I am learning. Hope you all have a great day, I will post about our camping trip and later when I can pull pics off my camera and will post my accomplishments again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment